Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Time for a change

This summer I have taken some time to look at my life and the stress in it. I have come to a point where I need to make some changes as my stress levels are starting to create some health issues. That being said, I tend to be my own worst enemy. I am a perfectionist, have very high expectations of myself (and those around me!), and seldom give myself a break until whatever is needed is done to my satisfaction. I believe that is my personality type but realize there is alot I can do minimize it.


All that being said! Tomorrow is my last day at my current job, which has me working a 6 hour day, 5 days a week. On Sept 6 I start a new job, still in the hospital but in a different department. It will be 2 full days and one half day a week with 2 full days and one half day off !!


I am planning on a whole lot more creative time as that is truly what makes my heart sing! That is indeed my "bliss" and will go a very long way in managing my stress!


Last spring I took Christie Tomlinson's (http://christytomlinson.typepad.com/) "She Art Girl" online, mixed media class. Well, I have become somewhat obcessed with them! These are the few I still have, having given some away already.


This is the one I am currently working on and will be the first thing I finish on my new found days off! The background has been started, but is awaiting many more layers!



I lost my oldest brother to cancer in June so I really want to make this one in his memory. It is based on this photo of all my siblings taken 6 years ago (while he-lower right-was still healthy and full faced!).

We are off on Thursday for a much needed 5 day camping trip to Spruce Point on Slave Lake! Have a great "labourless" long weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment