Saturday, 24 March 2012

A little more....

A little bit more Chile and a little bit more art.
I have been taking yet another online art class, this one is called "The Art of Wild Abandonment" something this type A recovering perfectionist is not so good at!
I know my work is amateurish but the whole point of taking these classes is about growth, learning new techniques, discovering I can do things I thought I couldn't, gaining confidence and just plain having fun playing with paper and paper and all kinds of messy mediums.

So here are a few of the pages from my art journal, sketching, watercolours, paper piecing and exploring the prompts.




journalling my way through the nasty sickness we brought home!


And back to Chile
Los Domincos, a fabulous artisan market, where lots of money was spent!


The rest of the pictures are from our day in central Santiago

There is an entire block of these long narrow shops, carrying nothing but notions!


The first thing we saw coming up out of the subway was the National library building


This is the entrance to the oldest church in Santiago, I think around 400 years old, having survived many earthquakes over that time.


This is the ceiling in the chapel


Plaza de Armes and the Catedral de Santiago, another beautiful old church


Thanks to all of you I am closing in on 2500 hits on my blog, when I do I think it is time for a little prize!
Thanks as always for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. Margaret, I absolutely love the art you are creating! Love love <3

    ReplyDelete