Saturday, 5 May 2012

The Art of Wild Abandonment Bloghop

I am really excited to be part of this bloghop. This class, put on by 
Christy Tomlinson and Junelle Jacobson has changed who I am as an artist in so many ways, I have tried things I was always too scared or felt too unskilled to do.........now, I am sketching and water colouring!!!

I am a huge fan of both these ladies and will pretty much take any class they teach online!

Here are some recent pieces I have completed based on the class assignments. I kept thinking, nah, I don't like that, not going to try it, but of course, LOVE them both!

This art too holder is made with the brush end of a masonry broom. If I ever find a broom with stiffer, tighter bristles, I will do it again, as this one won't hold heavier brushes.....but it's a fun addition to my work table!!!



Junelle is a HUGE fan of sheep, as you can tell if you visit her blog.........me? not so much, until Easter came with all it's the references to sheep and I changed my mind. After last Sunday's scripture readings I was compelled to make this little cutie!



I am very close to 2500 hits on my blog, so if I go over this weekend and you leave a comment, I will draw for this somewhat out of season, but still lovely She Art Girl!



If you are following the Art of Wild Abandonment Bloghop, you have probably came here from
Linda Barutha 's blog . After you have read my post don’t forget to follow the bloghop onto Kelly Hoernig

If you haven’t yet visited the bloghop, or experience a broken link, join in the fun by visiting www.clairesmillie.wordpress.com” and enjoy the work of all my wonderfully talented classmates.

I will be away all weekend at my church women' conference so I hope this all goes smoothly and I will check back on you all on Sunday!
Enjoy!








17 comments:

  1. I had so much fun on your blog! thank you for letting the wild girls hop here. You are truly a blessing to all that stopped by. I am inspired by your brush holder... I have my brush, but have not thought of what I want to do. I know now I want wire...LOL.. thanks for having us by hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to get your post up...lovely projects and I like your blog background too!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are advancing into the art media so quickly Margaret! I love what you are doing with the she-art! Thanks for the chance to win! I hope I'll have time tonight to blog hop - although the grands always seem to manage to keep me occupied. Have a great conference! Wave on your way home tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The brush is so cute! I haven't made mine yet. And your little sheep block...darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! but your sheep is darling!!! And your She Art girl is beautiful!!! This blog hop has been so much fun... only a couple more to go. I may start over at the beginning again tomorrow because it's been such an inspiration for a beginner still on week one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the brush, it looks old, you did a fab job on it!! It was such an inspiring class and hop. Thankyou for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how your brush turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats, you won the She Art Girl!

      Delete
  8. the art brush is so cool but love that textured sheep block - thank you for sharing these lovely creations with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are enjoying your classes! I always think life is much more interesting when we keep learning & growing, and I can see that you do, too! Congrats on the strides you are making. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. With or without the give a way your artwork is wonderful....

    ReplyDelete
  11. your art brush is so cute!!!! the little block lamb is adorable! the she art girl is so cute too. amazed at all of your talent!! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea with the art brush storage. Your background on your blog is warm and your girly art angel is lovely. Yes, the sheep looks cuddle-soft. Thank you for sharing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your brush, and she art girl. Thankyou for sharing your creations. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your brush, still haven't found them here! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete