Tuesday, 29 May 2012

The need to make art

becomes quite overwhelming for me when I have been away from it too long, so today I played a bit.

This the start of an art journal piece that has been bouncing around in my head and needed out!
It is based on a little sketch the guest speaker did at a recent church women's conference I attended.

This a very amateur attempt at sketching and water colouring my daughter's cat Phil. He truly is not that angry looking.....eyes are hard! I would love to be better at this and I am told to just keep practising!



This final picture is the beginning of my guild challenge, more after the big reveal next month!


4 comments:

  1. Don't all cats look a little demonic at times. lol. The string quilt blocks look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that quilt. i am to try a string quilt soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the strings! Looking forward to seeing it all.

    ReplyDelete