Sunday, 13 May 2012

Spring has Sprung


And so my blog suffers! The spring/summer season here in the north is so short I try to be outside as much as I can while I can! 
I have been cleaning up the yard, doing a super major spring cleaning of my truck as we have bought a new one and the old one needs to go up for sale. While I like having my dogs travel with me, they will now travel back in the canopied box, I spent HOURS cleaning out dog hair...........no more!!

I was taking my first Lettering class back in February before we went to Chile, but it kind of got shoved aside as new classes and more life stuff got in the way. As well, the last bit of the class was VERY messy and I found I was getting the spray ink everywhere! Since it has been nicer outside I decided to take it to the deck to finish. Despite the wind and the rain that began to fall as I was finishing, this stage is done and I can go on creating my final project!


As a result of my new lettering love, I have a new addiction to markers! And I am pleased to finally have figured out a way to store them all in one place and still have them be portable.


And this is my latest adventure in the art world........glass fusion! My first/beginner class project!
It is a little 6x6 glass dish and I cut all those flower and leaf pieces!
It was fun, but stressful to be a beginner again!
I see lots of quilt patterns on plates and bowls in my future!


Congratulations to Dolores for being the winner of the Art Girl on the Wild Abandonment class blog hop, she is now "winging" her way to South Dakota! I hope she loves her as much as I do.

Ciao for now my loves, out to enjoy this beautiful Mother's Day Sunday. Happy day to all you lovely Moms out there!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. Enjoy the sunshine while you have it.

    ReplyDelete