Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Hexies and Witches


Well here you go with Week 11-13, must find better light for my hexie photos, they are too dark these days.


 The girls are back in town! Feels like ages since I did any She Art, Christmas maybe? I am not at all a Halloween fan but she is just too cute to resist!


And this is the Tree Skirt/Table topper class sample I am struggling with! I am not crazy about the fabrics but my LQS has not yet received their new Christmas fabrics so it was slim pickins! The stars went together really well but the setting triangles cut by what the pattern says are too small so I had to trim and have lost some stars points and then had to mess with the borders as the instructions were poor for those..........so all in all, not my funnest quilt project ever! But this is why we make samples so we can get the bugs worked out and teach our students what NOT to do!


So I am making sushi for supper and then going to work on another fun Halloween project just to end my day on a better note!

4 comments:

  1. You taking Christy's class (Pumpkins & ...)? I signed up for all 3 of them - was a good deal! Just need to plan a messy time soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes but busy quilting so not enough time in the day!

      Delete
  2. Love the fussy cut fabric on you hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Christmas topper - too bad there are sew many problems with the directions...

    ReplyDelete