Saturday, 17 November 2012

Festival of Trees


Here is my quilt on display!


And following are a few of my favourite displays.

The lucky winner of the one below got to sit and be served there at the Gala opening last night. Then they get to take all the table wear home at the end of the event.


Love, love, love this chandelier!


This the best youth entry winner


My friend Carole made these adorable penquins!
Another friend won it at the live auction!


Love this nativity


This was the best tree winner


Me with my ribbon for winning best fabric entry. The quilt raised $900 for our local women's shelter.at the live auction, I am  SO pleased!! Totally worth the effort. Thanks Chris for the awesome quilting job! They are hoping to replace all the bunk beds this year so this should help!


and here is my Oopsy Daisy..........THIS close to being done! Only have the binding to sew down..............however! My hand issue has been diagnosed as carpal tunnel syndrome and I have been banned from quilting for the weekend to try to get the acute symptoms to calm down.......I had to fold it up and put it away so it won't temp me!


I bought this beauty at an antique shop today, and it will be the home of some of the Christmas art works I have planned, then I think it will house some quilt blocks. I saw it at this store in the summer and have not been able to stop thinking about it. It was still there so I think it was meant to be mine!


It's Hexie Linky day!!! Unfortunately due to the aforementioned hand issue, production is at a dead stop! But here are all the blocks I have done so far. I am now on the the lookout for a suitable background fabric. 


Have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Margaret and your hexies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to all who helped raise funds for the women's shelter. All the entries look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you've been cut off from all hand work - I hope you get the greenlight soon!

    ReplyDelete