Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Hello 2013!

Welcome to a brand new year!

Thinking back on 2012, I would say the biggest highlight was our trip to Chile last February, and then the addition of a new great niece and great nephew for hubby.
This year we anticipate our trip to Belize in March and our youngest daughter graduating from university later in the year. 

This year as well, I have decided to join a group of artists doing an Art Journal Calendar challenge under the mentorship of  Kate Crane.
My hand is recovering really well but I had an unfortunate run in with some medication that slowed things down somewhat, so I was really happy to get this done yesterday, just in time!!



Feels good to be doing something creative again even if I can't quite manage a rotary cutter yet.

I am fast approaching 5000 hits here on my humble little blog so I will be back later this week with a give away, stay tuned!

13 comments:

  1. Love the journal idea! All the best in 2013 to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for getting started and welcome! It's a fun challenge.
    Your January calendar is beautiful! The red just pops on that blue and green background. The snowflakes are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the challenge-you are going to love this! I just love your touches of red off the background colors of this spread-fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic calendar spread! it will be a joy to journal in each day. Wow! you have a lot to look forward to this year; big trips and milestones! happy new you to you!
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome....it's a great project. Hope your hand continues to improve....love the fabric background! Best wishes for a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on joining this fun project. I know you will LOVE it as much as I. Your pages are stunning and beautiful. I hope your hand recovers before I visit next month. Happy New Year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very very nice....thanks for sharing with us at scrappin sisters :)

    ReplyDelete