Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Here We Go Again


Well, tomorrow is surgery number two, and I am more anxious than the first time! It is not about being nervous about the actual surgery, it is about being incapacitated for at least two weeks. I am NOT a patient patient!

The right hand improves steadily, I have more than half a hat knit.


But the fine motor control/range of motion isn't quite there yet, so this was not as successful.


I do have my February Calendar Challenge page done, not as happy with this one as January's but it is all about the process. Also never really realized that 3 of my 5 nieces and nephews were born in February.


I have decided to join the 2013 Finish-A-Long at she can quilt as motivation to get some of these UFO's off my list. 

These quilts are my list of the first quarter:

A scrappy string quilt, that will be the baby quilt for hubby's new great nephew born Boxing Day


This is one of my oldest UFO's, from 2001/02. The top has been finished for a long time, but because it is all hand appliquéd I felt it deserved to be hand quilted- that never happened. All that remains to be quilted is the in the ditch around the blocks and fillers.


This is from a kit I bought while on the quilt shop hop in Las Vegas in 2011. I am looking forward to trying out some of the filler patterns I learned in a recent Free Motion Fillers class.


This is from another kit, bought at the High Prairie quilt show, I think around 2009 maybe? It also lends itself to trying different fillers inside the squares.


I have high aspirations but with the next surgery and our March vacation, I will be happy if one or two get done.

My prize post did not go as well as I hoped, I think my visitors are all shy! So Sarah you are the winner of the pin cushion. Email me with your snail mail and I will get it off to you.

4 comments:

  1. Your hexie looks great - almost didn't recognize it as the hexathon at first, for some reason. I finally bought fabric to start mine - I started with the border (purple, teal and yellow flowers) and bought matching solids with white for the triangles between the hexies. I hope to start it this weekend. keep your fingers crossed and mine are crossed for your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the next surgery goes well and you recover so you can finish all those quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found the picture you posted of the Folk Art Appliqué Block of the Month!
    1. That was one of my very early designs.
    2. I always loved your use of colours in that quilt, with the Robyn Pandolph pinks and reds!
    3. That twas whe you still lived in Kamloops and worked for me.
    Time flies.......
    <3 Katja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      That was 11 years ago!........and sadly it is still not finished. Close tho, it is on this year's UFO list.

      Delete