Saturday, 26 January 2013


Update

I am now almost 6 weeks into the recovery of my right hand surgery, and two weeks into the left. The left is doing far better than the right was at the same point. The right still has some range of motion issue due to some remaining inflammation so..............

I am working on lots of things for short periods of time, cannot yet sit and work for hours on one project. That being said here are lots of pictures of all the works in progress.

The first is part of a project I am involved in with a group of fellow artists in a class I am taking.
This the the "Travelling Canvas" portion of my class My Crazy Life. I am the fourth person to work on it, fifth actually if you count the instructor and there are two more students after me. It will eventually be auctioned off for charity. I will get my portion done this weekend and send it off on it's travels again. I think it needs a few little hearts hanging from the tree and maybe a few heart flowers in a that little garden just to balance out that large heart on the left. 


I am thinking of having a little art sale next Christmas so I am starting to build some inventory. This cute guy is all done.


This one is still in progress


My fellow quilters here in the Alberta north think I am nuts, but I really like hand work, it is how I learned to quilt many years ago. So this is a new project......pinterest is a dangerous place, far, far too many ideas!


It started out as a Block of the Month from an Australian quilter through Amite Textiles, but is now a self produced little pattern book, the pages are not shiny so it is hard to take a clear picture but you get the idea. The block I have started is third from the left in the third row.


Very slow but some progress, the small pieces are still very challenging for the right hand. Have some physio scheduled so hope to be back to full capacity in a few weeks!


 Here is my progress on the string baby quilt, a few more sets to make then it can go on the design wall for assembly!


The snow just does not stop, our back yard is feeling like a cave! Five weeks until we escape to sunny. warm Belize!


Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy! Love the Circle Game pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Linda, I am not a very patient patient, I need to busy!

      Delete
  2. Please send me some of your snow - We are in the 40s today (everything is melted with a torrential rainstorm at lunchtime) and tomorrow we are due for low 60s. I want my snow back! Enjoy your trip and don't forget the hexies for the plane ride :) Like you would forget...

    ReplyDelete