Sunday, 7 April 2013

Q1 FAL #2

Amazing what you can get done when you get a late spring hit of winter! I have not left the house in two days!
I did manage to get my second Finish Along completed from this list. One of my oldest UFO's, it is one of Katja's  first designs (and one of my first appliqué quilts!) that I started before 2002 when we moved to the north. I am really, really good at stippling but other free motion quilting, not so much, so I was afraid to ruin it with my quilting. It is far from perfect but I am LOVING it done and hanging on my living room wall. 

 

I spent yesterday catching up a bit on my She Art 3 class and got these two girls completed. The brown skin tone of the girl on the left is quite off but I really like her otherwise! The next set of lessons is on how to do faces, but I really do love my faceless girls. 


It is snowing again today so I think after church I will be start working on my Q2 FAL projects!



9 comments:

  1. Wow, why can't I get anything done.... You are just skipping along like nobody's business. You Go Girl!
    I'm spending the day in the books and will be thinking of you just about all caught up... Keep on Trucking! I'll be taking one bite of the elephant...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been in my sewing room? I won't be caught up for 20 years, and that is only if I work on what's down there and don't buy more!!!

      Delete
  2. Your quilt turned out lovely. I remember that one. Your faceless girls are charming ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sampler quilt looks great, and it's finished. Yahoooo! You know I love your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have lots of unfinished projects from those early days! Great job on the finish! I always did love your colour combination in this quilt.
    Love ALL your art projects as well.
    Katja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katja, you may yet see my BC Sampler!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on finishing this lovely project. Your quilt looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete