Sunday, 12 May 2013

Supernova


It sure has been a long time since I was this obsessed with a quilt!
But I am really happy with how it turned out, and with hubby for being willing to do the photo op on our way to church this morning. 
Now to figure out a back and get it sandwiched, can't stop now it is one of my Finish Alongs
for this quarter!


It's amazing how many hexies you can get done when you don't knit every night!
These are week 27 & 28


And 29 & 30 in progress


I am doing a hexie tutorial at guild this week so OF COURSE I had to start the hexie puzzle from Sarah's blog. I have also been obsessing about this one since she first posted about it. 


Spring truly is here, and I wanted to post more pics of how my garden grows but we had one heck a thunder storm this afternoon. It cleared quickly but the wind is still gusting insanely and I don't want to fight it to get pics. Will have to wait for my next post but the nicer it is outside the fewer creative things I get to inside!

I just learned this afternoon that one of my quilting buddies in Kamloops passed away today,
RIP Lillian.

8 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous Margaret! Any idea how you will quilt it? I'm doing diagonal lines on mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think that is what I will do as well. The backing is a challenge as we have no quilt shop right now! I am going to have to get creative with the left over bits of FQ's I think.

      Delete
  2. I will never do a hexagon but I admire people who do. Life is too short.
    Your Supernova is quite pretty and I do like the staging of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love to do handwork. I do my hexies in front of the TV, justifies my addiction to reality TV!

      Delete
  3. well...my internet crashed w/out saving my comments so I hope I remember it all - love the secondary design of Supernova, I am waaaaayyyy behind on my hexoftheweek blocks and of course, I adore your hexie stars! Will they all be in the same color combo? I hope you guild enjoys their lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My stars will all be scrappy. I did it to show the guild ladies another option, so it will get set aside now until I finish my weekly hexies.

      I think they did enjoy it, everyone stayed late to finish their little samples! Some commented on how easily it would become addicting! LOL

      Delete
    2. And don't we already know how addicting it is. Glad you joined HeLP today :)

      Delete
  4. What is the Name of the quilt displayed on play set.it is gorgeous. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete