Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Addictions

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6399785/?claim=zpbkk4sxbvq">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Yes, I publicly admit it, I am addicted to Downton Abbey! I watched all three seasons in the 8 weeks that my hubby was away at school, and now must wait impatiently for season four.


BUT, I use it to support another addiction! I sew hexies as I watch............

Weeks 31, 33 and 34.


Katja mentioned that she would like my quilt for her display in August, so production has been ramped up.
Not only do I have to finish 18 more blocks...............
But I have to assemble the top and get all the paper out!

This is by no means the final layout, but I like looking at what I have done so far.


The gel nails is just purely a vain addiction, I love the way they look and feel and how strong they are. They are hard working, hexie assembling hands, they deserve a treat!
I love to change up the colours and designs each time I have them done, another creative outlet! These were done to match the dress I am wearing to my bestie's wedding on Saturday. 



The newest addition to our home gym is not destined to be any kind of addiction I am afraid. After 7 months of diet and exercise and 30 pounds lost, I have come to realize that exercise will always be something I HAVE to do, not something I love to do or could ever become addicted to. 
We have added the elliptical purely because I am bored to death of the treadmill!


It is pouring rain here today so I am excused from weeding the flower beds. 
It will be a day of creative pursuits instead! Yeah!

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving your beautiful, bright and fun hexies Margaret. Yes, ramping up is good to make your deadline.
    Katja
    PS I agree about the exercise thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the challenge, thanks for the push!

      Delete
  2. I also love your hexies - the colors are fascinating. I really need to get back to mine...they have been neglected for some time now :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the last person to say they neglect hexies! Hope seeing mine gives you the boost to get going!

      Delete
  3. Your hexies are looking good, as are you!

    ReplyDelete