Thursday, 4 July 2013

Zipper-one, Margaret-zero


First off, my July art journal calendar, yes it does have a pink hue, the ink on the maple leaves bled. 
And yes, I hand cut 31 little maple leaves!
I like it!


Finally getting back in the art room after more than a few weeks absence, this April's Donna Downey Canvas Create project.


I drew on the prepped canvas with masking fluid, had a little trouble controlling how much came out of the bottle but I think it will still be cool and effective once it dries.
This is just the first few stages, has a couple more to go.


Now the zipper nastiness! 
Two went in not bad, the middle one, not so much. Thinking I would not do this project again, but I think I have to just to win over the darn zipper!


 Polka dots and this swirly print are all from one piece of fabric I sun printed. 


Hexies week 35, 36, 37, 15 more to go!!


Heading off to BC for a little vacation with some high schools friends I have not seen in over 20 years!
Excited!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I haven't seen sunprinting in ages! Did you have a kit? gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did it in a class where the paint was supplied. We had no sun at that time so we just left them to dry in a warm room. Some worked really well, others not so much, but I now I have a nice little stash of FQ's.

      Delete