Wednesday, 2 October 2013

I caved.......


I caved and started a new knitting project before I finished my hexies!
Shame on me! But the urge was just too strong.
This is a Craftsy pattern for a hat, the cable being the band around the bottom. I am a beginner at cables but find they are easier than they look and but you get a great result that looks hard!


My next two blocks for Linda's Quilt Along.........AND, I was the September winner of this!


Have three babies due in the next three months so here are two of the quilts started and some of my other FAL Q4 projects.
.
#1 Baby Quilt, another Craftsy pattern........this one left a lot to figure out on my own but so far so good.


One half pieced



FAL Q4 #2, Festival of the Trees entry


FAL Q4 #3, Second baby quilt


FAL Q4 #4, cut out at retreat last fall and never picked it up again


FAL Q4  #5, Add a Stripe workshop last fall, would really like it done for our quilt show in November. As you can see by it's state, it has been rolled up on a shelf ever since!


Hexies are home from Katja's! Time to clear the Quilt Along blocks off the design wall so I can start playing with the layout.........and yes, finish those last five blocks........they are all prepped and ready to go. This one will NOT be finished in time for FAL Q4, we'll be lucky if it makes the 2014 list!



I really want to welcome my friend Carole to the blogging world, so please go visit her over at 
 Fresh Off the Frame and tell her Margaret sent you!

5 comments:

  1. Your projects look a lot like mine. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I feel better about my own list now...and my habit of starting new things prior to finishing things already on the go. :) Thanks for the welcome note, Margaret. What a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was what quilters were supposed to do!! You are welcome!

      Delete
  3. Go Margaret go! Have fun with your list ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I'm not the only one who starts new things before other things are finished. Story of my life! Such a pretty list - can't wait to see finished things!

    ReplyDelete