Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Great weekend!

We started the weekend with a trip to Grande Prairie on Saturday, the day after their first major storm of the season. The roads in town were less than admirable to say the least. That and a dead alternator made for an interesting trip. I did however get most of my Christmas shopping done and don't have to go back til spring.


On Thursday night at the Festival of Trees wine and cheese, my quilt won the ribbon for the best fabric entry. Pictured with me is my friend Chris, who did the amazing quilting.
Friday night was the Gala opening night, and our quilt was live auctioned and went for $1500! So, so pleased!



Sunday was a one of those cold but gloriously sunny winter days, amazing how much better we feel about winter when the sun is shining and we just picked up our new snowshoes! Looking forward to warmer than -22C to try them out.

I also got to hold two gorgeous baby girls, one of whom belongs to this quilt. 


I am determined with each quilt I complete, I am going to try a new quilting pattern, both of these are from Leah Day at the Free Motion Quilting Project

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment