Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Happy New Year!


And, I am all caught up on Linda's Stashbuster
Here are 18 and 17, I think there are only 2 more, then I have to think about how to lay out 20 12" blocks. That will be one big quilt, so I am considering two quilts with 10 blocks each maybe, we'll see. 


 I did it, finished all my hexies by the end of 2013!
I hope I can get the rest of the triangles basted and up today. Then I will spend the next few weeks playing around with block placement, making sure everyone is happy and playing nice. 


I do have one more project I wanted to finish by today, it just needs binding, so maybe I will make it. Will definitely have it done by the FAL deadline of Jan 8/14

I will be back later in the week with some New Year's goals and my 2014 Finish Along list. I sure found this year's challenge motivating for getting UFO's completed, and since I have lots of those I will keep playing along next year.

However you celebrate New Years, may it be happy, warm and safe. 
Blessing from the great white north.

Linking up with Lily 

14 comments:

  1. Your Hexies look amazing! They are playing very well together! ;) Great job finishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, a little rearranging to balance the values a bit then I will start the big job of piecing it together. As soon as I finish this crazy twisty knitted scarf!

      Delete
  2. Way to go Margaret! They look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret, your hexies are stunning!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for visiting and leaving me a comment!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful hexies they look fab, Happy new Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, please come back and visit/comment again soon!

      Delete
  5. Your hexie blocks look fantastic!!! Sew bright and cheery! I should set myself a goal of at least finishing 1 a month of mine - I love my fabrics but I just have too many hexie projects to work on and I need to make some kind of progress. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I have played with the layout since and have the first row pulled down and ready to sew together. However, I am knitting my first pair of mittens and CANNOT put them down!

      Delete
  6. WOW!!! Your hexie quilt is wonderful!! Where did you find the different patterns for the blocks? I guess I could probably search around your blog and find out -- but I'd love it if you told me! Haha! You've done a great job with this -- the colors are wonderful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise, it was a block of the week program at

      http://www.katjasquiltshoppe.com

      a couple of years ago. I believe she is publishing a book of patterns soon thol

      Delete
  7. Thanks for linking to Hexie Weekend last week. A lot of readers liked it! It is a wonderful colorful quilt. We'd love to follow your progress on Fridays. I love your blocks too. It's so nice to be caught up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will try to remember to do that, and good motivation to get going on sewing it all together!

      Delete