Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Merry Christmas!


I am NOT a goddess of the last minute and absolutely hate the crazy shopping crowds, so I am typically pretty ready for Christmas by the beginning to middle of December.

This frees up lots of time to get caught up on my Stash Buster blocks






All the blocks up to and including block 16.
I have found that I have done lots of ripping out with many of these blocks, mainly because I don't follow instructions very well! Live and learn, right?


And what to my wandering eye did appear??? 
Hexies!
I just have to finish 51 and do 52, I should be done well before New Year's. Next year's challenge is get it all assembled into a top. 

I hope my next post will have a picture of it laid out on the design wall.




 A very quiet Christmas here at the Stewart house, hubby is out in the garage working on my poor broken truck so I am off to the sewing room to finish week 17 and be completely caught up on the Stash Buster.
Tonight we will go to the late service and then have a sleep in tomorrow.
Christmas Day we will do our presents, talk to family in BC, have brunch and head out snowshoeing before we head to our dear friends for dinner. They take such good care of us over the holidays. 

Merry Christmas to all my friends real and virtual, I love blogging for you!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy. Hope you and Bruce have a fabulous Christmas together!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it to the end of the hexie construction - they are gorgeous. I can't wait to see how you assemble your stash buster, too. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hexies are fabulous - I really need to get back to mine...

    ReplyDelete