Wednesday, 8 January 2014

2014 FAL

I really enjoyed the challenge  of FAL 2013, as it pushed me to finish a few of my many UFO's.
I look forward to doing it again this year,

SOOO....

Here are my UFO's for the first quarter of 2014 FAL 

#1 one has been sitting on the shelf forgotten until someone brought one by the same designer to show and tell at guild. Reminded me that I had this hand applique beauty languishing and not being enjoyed. 
I started quilting it New Year's Day (and have already picked half of it out, ahh, that one step forward, two steps back process is oh so humbling!)


#2 gets forwarded from my 2013 list, sure hope it does not make it to a third annual retreat!


#3 I bought at a garage sale for $10, already sandwiched. The previous owner had started to hand quilt it, but I will finish it with machine quilting. The intention all along is that is goes to charity when completed.


#4 is another one forgotten and languishing on a shelf, might be pushing it to get #2 and this one done in this quarter, but it is good to have goals to shoot for!



If you read my previous posts, you will know that I am setting some creative goals for myself this year. One of them is to work on my blog to try to increase the traffic and comments a bit. So, today I am linking up with Lily's small blog meet, which she hosts for just that reason, to help us little guys get a bit bigger.
I also added her button to my site, first time I have been able to get one of those to work!

Hope to see you back here tomorrow to click the link to the 2014 FAL, always a very impressive array of UFO's on display.
Yes, quilters are all the same! 

14 comments:

  1. Lily's is a great place to start! I joined it several times till I got to big. LOL. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snowman quilt, sorry to hear you are busy unpicking it, I too am very familiar with the one step forward dance lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is all picked out and I am moving forward, formulating a new plan!

      Delete
  4. This is a great list! Looking forward to finishing along with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, come back soon!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your list! 4 looks totally doable unless you keep unquilting again :oD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I set it aside and moved to another project for a few days to formulate a new plan of attack!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful UFO's. It will be fun seeing them get checked off!

    ReplyDelete