Tuesday, 28 January 2014

All in a Week's Work


So happy to have my top finished from Linda's Stash Buster blocks. The layout was inspired by this quilt on the Freshly Pieced Modern Quilt blog.
Going to get the back pieced and hand it off to my friend Chris to quilt when she has time (and stops travelling for 5 minutes, lucky girl)


And I seem to be a mitten maniac lately. Thumbs need lots of practice but I am loving making these! Have lots of bits of yarn I can use up making them for the mitten tree at church.


Thanks to everyone one who has and is still stopping by from Grow Your Blog, it is working, my blog presence is growing! Linking up today with Let's Bee Social!

Off to the mailbox to see if that scarf yarn has finally arrived and I can get that finished up too!

19 comments:

  1. Margaret! This is awesome. You did yourself and Linda proud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish! Love all the purple hues : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I am not sure why I had about 8 metres of purple, must have been on sale, as I am not really a purple fan!

      Delete
  3. I love the layout of your quilt and the unexpected colour choice for the background. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, it was all about using up the stash! I bought nothing for this quilt.

      Delete
  4. Love the quilt a lot! Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your quilt is wonderful and has a lovely scrappy feel. Can't wait to see her all quilted up! Hope your happy mail arrives to brighten up your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am excited to get it quilted. Yes, my yarn arrived, so I am working away on getting my scarf finished. The cold weather is back so I sure could use it!

      Delete
  6. What fun...the blocks on the slant look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sure glad I saw that layout on Freshly Pieced, it was perfect for my blocks.

      Delete
  7. What a fab quilt! Yep, I've seen my followers increasing too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout is great!! I decided to go very traditional sampler quilt with sashing and cornerstones. So far, only have used what is in my stash, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, was really happy to come across the idea on the Freshly Pieced blog, love something a little different.

      Delete