For Sale

Saturday, 4 January 2014

New Year's Resolutions?

I long ago gave up on keeping New Year's resolutions so I never make them anymore.
It is more about setting goals for me, but again not something I am really good at as I am always disappointed in myself when I fail to keep them.

Last year saw me reaching my goal of losing 40lbs, super hard work, with some set backs but I stuck with it and plan to keep at it (read, must get Christmas weight off!)

2014 has not started off the way I had hoped, may as well get the set backs out of the way early right? My word for this year is "positive", as in, be more. I find as the days get shorter and darker so does my mood, I really need to work at staying more positive. 

At my friend Carole's recommendation I decided to buy this book from Leonie Dawson. I plan to really dig in and set some awesome goals for myself, personally and creatively.



My final finish for 2013 FAL! Original post is here
This project is from The Add A Stripe guild workshop by Margie Davidson, in the fall of 2012.


FAL 2014 does not open until Jan 8, so I will be back with my next UFO's then!

linking up with Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts

18 comments:

  1. Awesome runner! I love how it turned out. Keep on working on the positive Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your runner is very pleasing to the eye. The more I look, the more I want to keep looking!
    I hope you enjoy your "create" planner and workbook. I tend to do mine in stages over a period of time. I don't feel a need to rush the process, and sometimes my best thoughts come (seemingly) out of the blue as my subconscious starts connecting the dots. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, I like it way more that I originally did now that it is finished. I hear you, I am just doing a few pages at a time as I have the inspiration, only just now getting to the 2014 stuff.

      Delete
  3. Your table runner is beautiful. You must be very proud! Holidays are exhausting. I suggest starting the new year on Feb 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I agree, I think that is a great idea!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for joining us at the Let's Bee Social linky today! It's as if I wrote that post for you... In fact I am POSITIVE that must be the case! Your table runner is perfectly pieced. Gorgeous! I can sympathize with your thoughts on long winters... But, you are sew right.... We must have a positive outlook! Yeah, for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! That work book looks neat:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The days are getting longer again... Sometimes the little things help. Your table runner is really striking and good luck with the new book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am noticing the longer days, can't wait to drive to work in the daylight again.

      Delete
  7. I love your life workbook!!!! I've done many of these over the year and they really do help you be positive and grateful for the little daily things...even if it's 20 minutes of more sunlight! smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never done one before but I do find it really is helping me keep my focus.
      I am noticing the longer days, can't wait to drive to work in the daylight again.

      Delete
  8. Your workbook is a great idea and your runner is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice table runner. I'm always impressed when people get stripes to line up so well. :) My word is also positive this year. 2014 has not started in the best of ways here either, but I'm sure the only way to go now is up! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, had a good instructor!
      That is why I needed the word positive, so those set backs don't always set me back so much!

      Delete