For Sale

Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Progress

I am amazed some weeks that I make any progress at all ! Most weeks keeping up with housework, my exercise regime and volunteer work feels like all I accomplish.

But last Saturday our guild had a sewing day and I made lots of progress on this FAL project.
I need to get my hexies down off the design wall so these beauties can show off a little better. 
Linking up with Work in Progress Wednesday.


Have a layout plan for these babies, sure hope to get the background pieces cut out this week. Need one more block as well to make it work, so need to get that made too.


I have insomnia this week so this is the result of staying up too late. 
Knitting and watching TV. 
My very first pair of mittens!
Have the thumbs now figured out so that is next, these ones will have an open thumb. 


These ones will have full thumbs and a flap. Hope to be able to show off both pairs by Finish it Up Friday!


Linking up again with Let's Bee Social, the quilting tool I could not live without would be my rotary cutter. I learned to quilt before they were in existence and will never go back!

16 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree that rotary cutters are an essential now days! Your mittens are lovely! We sure could use them today! Brrrr! And your quilts in progress.... Love all those gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Productive insomnia! Your knitting is beautiful. My grandmother used to knit mittens and sweaters for me (and my children, eventually), but sadly she never passed on her skills. One dropped stitch and it is game over for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one can only knit so many hats and it is time to move on! Sadly the green ones are too big but I will wear them anyways. I have knit the brown ones a size smaller so here's hoping!

      Delete
  3. WTG Margaret! I like the soft yet bright colors in your WIP. I tried to make it to the sew in but of course.... life finds a way of interfering.... When's the next one?
    Anyone started on their Kaleidoscope yet? I've just got the thinking cap on so far.
    thanks for sharing and giving me some inspiration to getter going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have another booked yet, but I will see what they want at the next meeting. I am not doing the kaleidoscope as I will be away on holidays but I know some have their strata done.

      Delete
  4. pretty... and the creamy even knitting stitches are too.
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely makes here. I'm enjoying knitting again. Happy stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am assembling my quilt top from Linda's quilt along!

      Delete
  6. love your gloves, and your quilts are beautiful-love the colors especially.
    I am visiting from Lets bee social glad to meet you
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to meet you, Margaret - still working my way through the GYB party list :)
    I've become a follower so I can keep up with your beautiful creations...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hexies? Hexies? where? where. Love hexies. If you read this before midnight, come link to Hexie Weekend (ends tonight) so we can see your hexies. We have a lot in common - I've been quilting almost as long as you have - you however started at a much younger age. So glad to find your blog in the Grow Your Blog party. And I love your FAL project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I did hurry over and link up, hope you had a chance to see my LONG term project!

      Delete