Sunday, 6 April 2014

I Must Be Nuts

Time to list my projects for FAL Q2

We are digging into some pretty old UFOs now. I was embarrassed by how old the two I just took to the quilters were, but I see now, some of these are even older!
One of my retirement goals is to work my way through years, and years and years of UFOs!

Progress on a hold over from last quarter. The top will be done in Q2 but don't think my custom long-armer will have time to quilt it in the allotted time frame. (I am going to call this one #7 on the off chance it does get finished.)



#1. These I have done some time in the last 12 years, and internet BOM I think. Will likely become a charity quilt


#2.These are from a class but I don't remember what the premise of it was. It will be a table runner.


#3. This I believe to be my oldest UFO, it is from 1986! My Kamloops friends might recognize it. It was an advanced hand piecing class the year my life kinda fell apart. By the time I could get back to the other 8 blocks I was no longer interested in tracing and cutting all the templates or the hand piecing. I have all the fabric for it still so it will be a lovely wall hanging. 


#4. An internet BOM by Pat Sloan, probably about 10 years ago. Three blocks to applique down and two more to make.



#5. Another oldie from Kamloops days, so more than 12 years old, again hand pieced. It was originally for my daughter's waterbed that was long and narrow. When she decided either so didn't want the quilt or maybe the bed, I took it apart. Not sure what to do next it got put away and forgotten. I think it will be a wall hanging and two large pillows.


 #6. Another internet BOM by Pat Sloan about the same age as the shoe quilt I think. It is probably destined for the RV.


It may be an optimistic list but one can try. 

I also want to start some painting projects in the house and clean out all my kitchen cupboards.............hmmm, maybe I should go back to work, it might be less work!!!

5 comments:

  1. Some oldies there! You will feel good once they are on the way to completion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven projects, painting AND cleaning???? You're not kidding around when you say work might be less work! Ha! It will feel great to start checking things off your list, though. Go, Margaret, go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lofty goals for your retirement. Good Luck!!!!!! LOL. I haven't even begun to get a grip on my UFOs. To many fun new things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good girl! I really don't like some if my older UFO's. not sure what to do

    ReplyDelete
  5. The real challenge is not to go back to work but to find a way to get paid to quilt! That's my dream scenario!! I say finish or make progress on something, either way it's all good.

    I love that you are a "Sloanie", I love her stuff too. Are you doing (or at least downloading like I am) the blocks for her new travel mystery/BOM?

    ReplyDelete