Tuesday, 20 May 2014

A Trip Home

I have nothing quilty to share as I just arrived back from a trip home to BC.

I saw more bears this trip than I have in a long time. Interesting to see a black mama with a brown cub.
I even saw a young grizzly on my way back yesterday but there were too many cars pulled over already to risk stopping to get a picture.


Mt Robson is always a favourite stop, unusual to see the top cloud free. Glad I stopped on the way down as it was clouded right in with all the rain on the way back.

.

Unfortunately this is what I arrived home to, my Mom being sent to Kamloops by ambulance.
She was in hospital for 4 days and was home by Friday. She is OK for now, but at 89 it was quite a scare. Saw big changes in her since last Thanksgiving, I will be spending more time out there this summer I think. 


I spent some time "smelling the flowers" while I was there, had fun playing with my new camera. As we have nothing blooming yet, this was a joy for me.




Hope to get back to regular life and some quilting this week, hope to have something quilty to share next post!

3 comments:

  1. We don't get bears here. How awesome to see one on the road. Hope your mum's health improves quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your mom. Lucky you to have a new camera. I still have my little point and shoot : )

    ReplyDelete