Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Playing Catch Up


Having been away for over a week I had some catching up to do, so only a little quilting has happened.
The events with my Mom left me a bit unsettled so it has taken me a bit to get my mojo going again as well. 

Sadly the lovely like art consignment shop in the next town over is closing it's doors this weekend. Late last week I went out and collected my work. Here it will languish until I can get some time to take a road trip to a town an hour away where the Art Centre might put them in their gift shop. 


I find when I can't settle on a project, these slab blocks are great mindless work. Green done, blue ones up next. Hope to make some kind of rainbow quilt once they are all made.


I have started on my second Finish Along project but my machine was not happy so I had to take it apart and service it. Have not had a chance to get back to it since.


Sneak peek at the amazing job Chris did on my  Stash buster Quilt Along from Linda's blog last fall. Can't wait to get it trimmed up and bound.



One of the reasons I have not been quilting! 
But it got done today!


Just a bit more camera play, the only thing blooming so far.


And we can't forget the next baby sack!


Hubby is working the annual pulpmill shutdown for the next two weeks so it means I won't see much of him, hope that equals more quilting (however, sunshine does trump quilting when summer is so short!)

Linking up with
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts

5 comments:

  1. Love those scrappy wonky log cabin blocks. Too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination of fabrics on the log cabin blocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those green blocks! I love the idea of a rainbow quilt in this style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, summer is short. I see that it is scheduled for a Wednesday this year. Hope we don't miss it! Gotta say I do love those slab blocks. They will make a nice rainbow quilt! The quilting on the Stash Buster quilt looks fabulous. Nice projects all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, my, you are a busy girl. Can't wait to see the reveal of your quilt!

    ReplyDelete