Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Humming Along

I have the top finished for my entry to the Festival of Quilts in November. Just need to piece the back and get it off to the lovely Carole to quilt.



Once again I am making deals with myself, I must get this quilt top finished before I can knit any more socks! I really want to knit more socks so I am very motivated!
I think this will be the final layout, with the addition of some kind of top and bottom borders. I am at the stage of adding triangles and the large plain hexies to the ends of the rows. I hope to be sewing the rows together by the weekend. I have no idea how long it is going to take me to get all the papers out but I am thinking at least several movies on a rainy day. 

Have a great week!

Linking up today with:

Show and Tell Tuesday at I have to Say
Linky Tuesday at Free Motion by the River
Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh...those both look great! That border pulls the Buggy Barn blocks together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still hexing along. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this style of quilts and you did a wonderful job! I make deals with myself too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're so cute! I love the hexagons - I have a weakness for hexagon quilts - and the color combination in your other quilt really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you use a pattern for the hexagon quilt?

    ReplyDelete