Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Sock Love

So, darn, proud.
My first ever pair of hand knit socks. While not perfect, especially the toe seam, I LOVE them.
They are an 80% merino/20% nylon blend


And oh, so comfy and cozy. It is a rare time I say I am happy for cooler weather, but today I am thankful for the opportunity to wear them!
The top photo is the truer colour.


I need to make some significant progress on my hexie quilt so I will resist the urge to immediately cast on the next pair. 


Working away on my Buggy Barn quilt for our Festival of Trees, 12 down and 8 to go, then much trimming and rearranging until I get a pleasing layout. Hope to have it off to be quilted by my friend Carole by some time next week. 

My goal this week is two blocks a day, so guess where I am headed?

Linking up with
Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts
Work in Progress Wednesdays at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Margaret! Lovely socks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those socks sure look cosy! Great work on the Buggy Barn, too. I can donate the batting, if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your socks! Perfectly nice. I have one done...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've made lots of progress on both knitting and quilting. Socks look very cozy.

    ReplyDelete