Friday, 24 October 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival

The Blogger's Quilt Festival is just a little something for those of us who don't get to go to the big international Quilt Market in Houston that is held this time every year. 

I am posting my Supernova quilt (64"x64") from the Quilt-Along at Freshly Pieced Modern Quilts. I missed the quilt-along when it was originally run but started seeing this wonderful quilt all over the blogosphere and just loved it.
I collected fabrics and made my own a couple of years ago and today it is still my favourite quilt, as you can see from it's place of pride on my header! It hangs in my bedroom and I never get tired of seeing it every morning when I wake up. 


I love blocks that make secondary patterns.


I machine quilted this on my own machine in straight diagonal lines, which in itself felt like a big accomplishment!


And I love making scrappy binding from the leftover fabric.


I am entering my quilt in the large quilt category and hope you will come back between November 1st and 7th to vote for me (or your other favourites :) ), don't worry, I'll remind you! 

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Still a favourite of mine too Margaret. Well done with the quilting

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I love the colors, so fresh and bright. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful and still a popular pattern. Good providence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on making a SuperNova! I love mine...and I know you'll love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like a breath of fresh air - really appealing, love the fabrics and design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Super Nova is really pretty. I made mine with Lee during the quilt-along. I learned a lot about color, and have a good-looking quilt that's now hanging on the wall in the guest room. Best of luck in the Blogger's Quilt Festival.

    ReplyDelete