Friday, 3 October 2014

Finish it Up Friday and some orphans

Orphan block pouches



While I had originally planned to make these blocks (UFO's from I don't know how long ago) into a quilt top, I decided I liked them better this way! I have enough blocks to make three more.

We took some time today to go for a drive along the back highway to Slake Lake, AB, and while it was coooool and damp, we enjoyed the fall scenery. 


Lesser Slave Lake


A husband and pups pit stop off of a dirt road somewhere along the way


Can you find my yellow lab?


Here she comes after many whistles and calls to come! 

And I caved........I just could not not knit socks, first I wanted to join my first knit along. It is Socktober sponsored by Knitters Pride. This is the Air Quotes pattern from the pattern set, Conversation socks on Ravelry. These are knit with a fantastic cashmere/merino sport weight yarn on 3 US needles, so I am hoping they go quickly! 


Second, I really felt I needed something for our road trip today!

I am linking up with Lily's Quilts and her small blog meet. The button is in my sidebar, she has a new one that I will get updated before my next post. Also Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts and TGIFF at Plum Crazy

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea for orphan blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that snow? Yikes. Have a great weekend Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pouches. I had no idea Slave lake was so big! Enjoy your knitting ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those orphan block pouches. What a perfect use for them. And so stylish! Looks like you live in a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete