Friday, 17 October 2014

Scraptastic Tuesday (on Friday)

Leanne over at She Can Quilt is hosting a monthly Scraptastic Tuesday (this month's link up party was extra long, thank goodness!)

What quilter doesn't have scraps, lots and lots and lots of scraps! Having been quilting for over 30 years, you can just imagine! 
For a very long time I have wanted to make a pineapple quilt, so during our log cabin challenge at guild a couple of years ago I started this and succeeded in getting 4 four inch blocks completed. There are over 200 in the pictured quilt, it's a long term project.................


I have my larger scraps sorted by colour so it is my intention to make Candy Coated from 
Sunday Morning Quilts, all in blues. I plan to start that one in January once I am done with Christmas projects.


And I have been seeing this one around the blogosphere, so it has been added to my list as well. I think I will cut some squares while I work through my blue bucket on the above quilt, it's a start. 


I am hoping this monthly linky party with be motivation for me to make some progress on my plethora of scraps!
How do you deal with your scraps?

5 comments:

  1. Love the pineapple blocks. I'm working on a scrap vomit quilt in slow motion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I just hoard my scraps, unfortunately. Every time I finish a project I tell myself I'll make something with the scraps, but I move on too quickly. Sometimes I use them for doll quilts.

    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://habibihomemade.wordpress.com/2014/10/20/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pineapple blocks. They look great in your scraps. I am usually cutting scraps for several projects at once too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your projects and look forward to seeing more of them - think I'll have to make a pineapple quilt some day - they look so amazing! Thank you for linking up to Scraptastic Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are excellent projects for using up your scraps, each is beautiful and fun to do. I especially love the pineapples. I look forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete