Thursday, 16 October 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday.............er, Thursday

More gratuitous photos of the landscape around my town......
Monday's hike took us up on a ridge above our ski "hill" to continue to enjoy how long the fall colours are hanging around this year.




Here is the display of my items in the Peace River Museum gift shop. Every Christmas the museum supports a shop local initiative and the vendors support the museum with a commission on their sales.

                                           

And now to the actual WIPs! 
This is my guild challenge for the last year and is based on a river theme. We all were given the blue water fabric and then were free to do our own thing within the size parameters and the placement of our river. It will hang in our guild show next month, I look forward to seeing all 12 of them hanging together and sharing the photos. 
I have some detail work to do on the kayak and then I can get it finished up, hopefully in the next week or so.


The Buggy Barn Crazy for Hearts and Stars quilt came home from the quilter last weekend, and now awaits it's sleeve, label and binding, which I also hope to finish in the next week or so. 
You can check out all the gorgeous up close quilting shots over at Fresh Off the Frame.


and the ever present socks....
I had a bit of a yarn crisis last weekend......I didn't have enough to finish! So off I went in search of more, only to find it has been discontinued! The only place I could find more was eBay, so I called River City Yarns in Edmonton where I bought the yarn originally. They did not have it either but had some great suggestions and an alternative is on it's way here. Thank you ladies!!!
 They even suggested putting the first sock on the stitch holders so I could carry on with the second. I could be ready to do the toes on both by the time my yarn arrives.
This yarn was in my stash and was not originally intended for these socks, was the reason for the bad planning!


I am too late to link up with WIP Wednesday but I can still link up with 
Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts.

I'll be back soon so I can link up with Scraptastic Tuesdays, I have lots of scraps and lots of ideas!

3 comments:

  1. The scenery shots are beautiful. Love all those fall colours. Soon they will be gone. You are making great progress on your kayak piece. Looking good! Thanks for joining the Let's Bee Social!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you did well at the sale.....
    That kayak looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to have a "booth" at the local museum. Good luck!
    Love your kayak - it looks good enough to just step in to!

    ReplyDelete