Friday, 7 November 2014

And the Winner Is...............

By the low tech approach of hubby picking a number between 1 and 59, the lucky winner is...............

#33, Cricket's Corner

"hope your quilt raises tons of money for the shelter.it's always so fulfilling when you help others. Love the socks and how you used such a creative way to finish them. I just recently started working with hexi's again and this book looks like it's perfect to spark some creativity. Thanks for the chance."


I have contacted the winner via email to gather their mailing information, the book with be sent directly to them from Katja.
Thank you again to Katja for offering up her gorgeous new book to one lucky winner. If you didn't win the book and would like a copy you can contact her here.
Thanks also to all who visited and left comments, I have never had so much blog traffic or so many comments, it was a joy to hear from you all!

After 5 glorious months off I returned to work on Monday.  I know I said I was retiring but I had always intended to find something casual to help support my hobbies and to get me out of my basement sewing room and into the world of people........I like people. 
I have two full weeks of training this week and next and then I will train in another part of the department for another week so. After that I will only work when they need sick or holiday coverage..........good deal I think. 
So that is my excuse for having no projects to show, I have not even stepped into my sewing room since Sunday. That will end today! I have missed the hum of my machine.

BUT! 
We had our quilt show opening on Wednesday night, so here are some beauties to share from my fellow guild members.


All 13 little River quilts hanging together for the first time, we were so pleased that it is what we envisioned it to be!!



Results of last spring's Kaleidoscope workshop, I did not attend this class due to our winter vacation so I cannot remember the instructor's name, but I know it is a Ricky Timm's pattern



More of my lovely friend Carole's fabulous work




+






Alice's quilt but again more of Carole's work, I simple cannot get enough of it!

Sadly no link ups today as I have no finishes to show off! 
Have a great weekend and I will be back next week with info on Blogathon Canada!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thrilled to have won the book and can't wait to be inspired by it. Thank you and Katja. I love the River quilts and how they all flow one to the other. Thanks for sharing some of the show, there are some wonderful quilts on display from very talented quilters and I wish I could have enjoyed it in person.

    ReplyDelete