Thursday, 1 January 2015

Happy New Year


It's that time again, to hang the new calendar and start fresh. 
We were away for 10 days visiting and enjoying a big family Christmas, so it has taken me a little longer than usual to formulate my plan for 2015.

As I talked about this time last year, I don't do resolutions, I focus more on goals. 
So my personal goals this year are:

- to lose the weight I have gained back since my big loss in 2013, I refused to allow myself to slide back to where I was.
-to get a handle on my perfectionism, it has crept back up and is clouding the enjoyment of my creativity and personal life. I have long called myself a recovering perfectionist, time to get back on the program!

I read some great quotes on Jen Kingwell's  Instagram page yesterday that I will also keep in mind:

"Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace"
and
"Don't let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

On the creative side my goals are:
-to participate in the allpeoplequilt's UFO Challenge 2015
-to knit something larger than mittens, hats and socks, a poncho perhaps.
-to work at improving my machine quilting skills.
-make more art
-scrapbook our last two trips, I am usually only one behind!


I'll be back soon with pics of all my holiday gifted projects.

In the meantime here are some holiday snaps of some of my favourite peeps!







2 comments:

  1. Great goals for 2015! Happy new year to you and Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for setting goals! UFO's didn't make it onto my list this year, but they probably should have...
    What a lovely picture of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete