Tuesday, 13 January 2015

January Scraptastic Tuesday

Welcome to January's edition of Scraptastic Tuesday.

This is the Tinker Tote I made for my sister for Christmas, so I finally get to show you the final Christmas project! 

I really enjoy making these and already have a black and red one planned, not so much scrappy but a bunch of FQ's I have been collecting for the perfect project.


This is my big scrappy project for this year, Candy Coated from Sunday Morning Quilts.
All the blues you see here (there are some super oldies!) are from my blue scrap bin, which is now completely empty. I do want to make this quilt a queen size so I will now be hitting up the blue section of my stash as well. 

The little squares are the beginning of the cutting for my scrap vomit quilt.


The green bin is up next, yes, it looks like there are blues in there, but next to the blues they look green. This is what the blue bin looked like prior to all the pressing and cutting.
The neutral bin will then get the same treatment and I should be ready to sew. 
I am contemplating doing this with all my scrap bins and making this quilt over and over in multiple colourways.



Also planning on jumping on this bandwagon this year as well..........I am always late to the party! 
This is the FQ bundle I bought to play along with and I have to admit I have cut up some of it already for my new hexie project tho!


Linking up today with 
Choose your own Blockalong at Live a Colorful Life
Scraptastic Tuesday at She Can Sew

See you Saturday for my new hexie project reveal!

2 comments:

  1. Some of your scrap bins are empty?? Congratulations! And thanks so much for linking up. I'm enjoying making these blocks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of thing on the go but bravo for attacking your scrap bins so enthusiastically - it's what I need to do! Thanks for the inspiration and for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete