Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Work in Progress Wednesday

Maybe I should have saved this for Finish it Up Friday???

I was on such a knitting role I just kept going after Christmas....

A super quick "Instahat" from a knit-a-long on Instagram

 Not the most flattering shot of me or my messy room, but......this is my new swift and ball winder my kids bought me for Christmas, it is super cool and I just LOVE it! 

 A hank of wool, becomes this! No more winding balls off the back of a dining room chair, or hubby's arms!

 Finished these mitts for my sister in the truck as we traveled home from Christmas, I should have taken a post wash and block shot, but you get the idea.

 Another super quick New's Year's knit, destined for the mitten tree at church next December

 Same with the second instahat, great way to use up left over yarn

 Mitts for my oldest, not a perfect finish as I was hurrying to finish before she left at Christmas. She is not the perfectionist I am so happily this does not bother her at all.

New Year's sale purchase at Prairie Knitting who I follow on Instagram, destined to be an awesome pair of socks. Love supporting an Alberta entrepreneur.

I have set aside the knitting, just for now, to work on my new hexie project, which I will unveil next week. 

Now on to some actual works in progress,
I have started sorting and pressing scraps for my Candy Coated scrap quilt from Sunday Morning Quilts

And here is my UFO challenge list

 The number this month is 4, which literally was on the bottom of a pile, so this is how it looked when I unearthed it. Hope to get it to at least the sandwiching stage.

 Linking up today with

Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts
Work in Progress Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


2 comments:

  1. It looks as tho you won't have any idle moments this winter : )
    Lovely knitting and I'm intrigued with your new hexie project...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly been a busy knitter over the holidays. Such warm and cozy items. Looks like your quilting projects are going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete