Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Work in Progress Wednesday

I have not reached the point yet where I have more than one knitting project on the go, which is probably why so far, I have only tackled smaller projects. That doesn't mean I don't have those piles of wool and patterns lined up just like quilting projects.




These aren't officially works in progress but they are next in the knitting line-up
My next knitting challenge is colourwork so the so the above photo is me prepping for the Stranded Colourwork class on Craftsy. Oh My this baby alpaca yarn is sooooo soft!


Finished my Tobnoggan earflapped hat, one needs one of these to play outside in the winter up here. I am not normally much of a blocker but I think this project needs some.


And some Bella mitts to go with, the ball of yarn shows the colour a little truer than the hat.


 Millefiore progress, last round of Rosette #1 being sewn on




and prep work for Rosette #2 in progress.


My APQ resolution challenge for January landed just where I had hoped, at the sandwiched stage. It will come with me to the next guild sewing day on the 14th to start the quilting. My GrandQuilter is going for a service on Friday so I should be all ready to go!


The February draw was #7 and on my list that is my slab blocks. I was disappointed it was this project as I am totally not inspired to work on them. However I knew I had some ideas in Pinterest so I printed out this picture from the Blueberry Patch blog, did some calculations and feel like maybe I can make some progress now. My green blocks are 15.5, but I am going to trim them down and make all the rest of the blocks 12.5 to get a quilt about 84x96. 

Linking up with 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh




3 comments:

  1. Oh that Suzani is uber cool - love it! You are a busy bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Margaret. So many pretty projects. Isn't yarn just luscious??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see those red & white mitts!! They will look fantastic. I suppose if they are not WIPs, then they are PIGs?! (project in grocery bag)

    Looking good on your Millefiore blocks. I'm still on #1 but this weekend is quilt retreat#1 so I hope to make great progress. I have all the bits cut (altho I might change a couple) so it's a matter of concentrating. It's the only thing I am bringing with me :-]

    ReplyDelete