Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Scraptastic Tuesday (on Wednesday)

 I attempted to lay the slab blocks out in an approximation of the future setting, but the design wall is not big enough and I don't have enough blocks done to be effective, but you sort of get the idea............


Are you as tired of seeing this scrap bin as I am? I have decided that once I finish the block at the end of this post I am just going to get sewing on this, if I need more strips as I go along, I will cut them then. I am so bored with cutting strips I just am not making any progress. 


 I thought I might show you that not even the tiniest bits get thrown out. I have a friend who digs through them for applique bits and the rest she uses to stuff dog beds she makes for the SPCA. I throw out very little in my sewing room.


I stashed these bits away as the beginnings of two more tinker totes 


Here is block one of the Arcadia Avenue BOM. It is time consuming, 4 hours so far, but I LOVE it, and renewing my love for foundation paper piecing. Only four more sections to go through blue into green and then the triangles to square it up. 



I am hoping for lots of sewing time over my next two days off work and 
I continue to knit socks and piece Millefiore hexies in the evenings but will spare you more pics until I actually finish them!! 

Linking up today with

Scraptastic Tuesday at She Can Quilt
Work in Progress Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts














9 comments:

  1. That BOM thing is really cool! I like it and it looks like fun time consumption!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Arcadia Avenue block. I bought the book and want to make my own. It's so much fun seeing other people's blocks coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foundation piecing is so much work, but worth the effort

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sticking to pink and green for those slab blocks or will there be other colours? I never cut everything out - I always have to start stitching and alternate between cutting and stitching - keep going with that project! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Arcadia Avenue pieces! They may be time consuming... But so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice neat scrap stash! And I love your Arcadia Avenue block. It will be stunning finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you are busy with many different projects. Lots of wonderful colour.I guess it makes things interesting so you don't get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabric doesn't go to waste with me either... which makes for a lot of scraps! Your scrappy projects are super-cute. The paper-pieced block is stunningly beautiful. Thanks for sharing. www.quiltartbymegan.com

    ReplyDelete