Friday, 22 May 2015

Friday Finishes

The secret knitting project has been completed


and gifted to the new grandparents. First sweater in almost 30 years and probably only the 2nd or 3rd ever. Good to start small and work my way back up. 


While technically not a finish, and almost three months behind, all the hexies are complete and just need to be attached to the rosette. I think this may be my favourite so far but I hope to be working on Rosette four by next week! 


Don't think I have shared this yet, but back in March I bought this kit on impulse from an Instagram auction. I have seen around the net and have been admiring it from afar. I need more practice yet on my stranded work but I hope to start it next fall or winter. 

It is a beautiful warm northern spring day and I should be out in my flower beds weeding but I am going to opt for some sewing time instead, it's been too long and the weeds will still be there tomorrow!

Linking up today with 
Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh 
Friday Finishes at Crazy Mom Quilts











4 comments:

  1. Sweet sweater! Your use of prints in the hexies is so effective. Can't wait to see that project come together...it is going to be absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable little knit Margaret. Rosette three is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh what a sweet little knit sweater and I Love the Hexies, can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your milli is coming along nicely - I like the grey & yellow. LOve the cowl - no idea what stranded work it but it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete