Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Nothing but WIPs

So here we go again with nothing finished! Let me tell you, there will be a party when I do! 

One of my goals for this year was to spend more time on my art work so,


Here is a little beginner Zentangle project, or rather a Zendoodle. Lots of conversations out there about what constitutes a Zentangle and what doesn't, for me it is just about digging in and enjoying the process. 


I took a beginner's acrylic painting class, and this is my first ever still life. Needs a few more little things but almost done. Not bad for a first try.


Also from the acrylic class, but clearly lots to do yet, the trees are masked out so I am excited to see them "unmasked" when I am done. 


My biggest WIP at the moment is my sewing room makeover, wish I had remembered to take a before but a number of bookshelves are already gone, as well as peg boards and shelving mounted on the wall. The space will be repainted and lighting and storage will change and hopefully I can accommodate an easy chair of some sort to sit and do hand work. 


I have been working away on a surprise knitting project so this is as far as March has gotten. Only nine more hexies to build and add tho. 


Of all those scraps that I pressed, cut, organized and sewed? These are all that remain to be made into rows!! 


And the rows can be assembled and maybe it will be the first finish of the year!!!!


Slowly plugging away on my jaywalker socks.


And finally I remembered to post this Arcadia Avenue block finished. The next one just arrived in the mail yesterday so I hope to get on it later this week. 

For now it is off to get ready to work afternoon shift. 

Linking up with 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh

7 comments:

  1. Love you art! In all it's forms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a whole lot of creative wonderfulness! Love your hexies - so intricate and beautiful. And what a great sewing set up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all your projects and room makeover!! I like my quilt room but I do need to work out some better storage so my 10 projects are not always out and visible. last weekend I sorted scraps from multiple piles into my 20gallon crock. Its going to be a huge job to trim them all but at least they are all together. Next weekend I want to work on shelves...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Arcadia Ave block! I will be watching for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been very productive! I love the Arcadia Avenue block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos to you for revamping your sewing room! It is great to have a space that really makes the work flow well. The large ironing board is one such item that really helps a lot, not only for ironing, but a larger space to lay things out. I use mine as a table extension (lowered to table height) when not in use for ironing. The hexies are great, you have a really lovely design sense and know how to pull off a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you are busy! Love the zentangle, and everything else is looking good, too. Isn't it soul-filling to do art?

    ReplyDelete