Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Work in Progress Wednesday


I am safely home from our fabulous cruise to Alaska and just getting photos sorted out. My editing program is being very uncooperative so I apologize for the the poor quality of some of my shots.


Rosette 4 did not come with me, but it is going camping this weekend so hope to make some noticeable progress.


This is the second pair of socks I started while travelling.......the first pair were done up to the beginning of the patterning and it was just not the right wool so I ripped it out. I started over with more of this lovely cotton yarn. I am working away at learning two at a time cuff down and feel better with this attempt. I have turned the heel and am working on the gusset decreases, always a sticking point for me.


Had to show you my lovely Alaskan yarn! Far left is a sock weight marino hand dyed  in a crockpot in Homer Alaska. The second and third are also hand dyed in Alaska but the second skeine is a yak, silk, marino blend. The last is a sport weight marino blend. All purchased at Aurora Yarns in Skagway. 


This amazing laser cut applique kit came from their sister store Rushin' Tailor's Quilt Alaska shop. 


And a glam shot of the Marjorie glacier in Glacier Bay. Will have to see if I can find a shot that better shows how blue the ice and water were. 

Must get back to packing the camper for the weekend, hope you all enjoy your weekend however you get to spend it!

Linking up with 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you managed to pack a little shopping time into your holiday.

    ReplyDelete