Monday, 17 August 2015

Hexie-aholic update

I am so far behind on my Millefiore project!


This is April, Rosette 4, finally done! I do like it a lot more than I thought I would when agonizing over choosing fabrics back in June. 


All four together but not in their final positions on the layout.

I am done painting my sewing room but am awaiting delivery of new shelving, lighting and a second table for my second machine. In the meantime if I can resist casting on another pair of socks I will get the next one or two prepped and ready to sew. I hope that process will go a little faster as I have already chosen piles of fabric for the next three. May just need to add a few here and there from my stash. 


I joined Mad About Patchwork`s Cotton and Steel FQ club, which includes 6 shipments of 10 each of the line from this spring`s market. 
This is delivery one, love those sloths, such cool creatures we had the opportunity to see in Costa Rica last year. 

Linking up today with



5 comments:

  1. Amazing paper piecing project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project! I despise handwork so EPP is not one of my talents but I may have to suffer the pain for a small project because it is just too darn fabulous! Love the sloths too. I love the non-novelty feel of the C&S noveltyish fabrics. Hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started my Millefiore project - I am working on the New Hexagon version. Each of your rosettes are so beautiful, and it is great how wonderful they look with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a grandmother's garden quilt started with hexies but I may have to switch direction - those are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete