Sunday, 13 December 2015

Scraptastic


At the risk of jinxing myself, I am pretty much ready for Christmas,
what to do, what to do??


Well, I decided it was time to replace the nearly 15 year old Christmas placemats.


So I went through my stash of Christmas bits and found some fat eights left over from a quilt I made for the Festival of Trees a couple of years ago, a couple of half meters from Stamping Up from at least 5 years ago, some batting scraps and a free pattern from Craftsy.


Sliced some varying widths off the fat eights, layered up my backing and batting and started quilting as I go! Don't have enough of any one fabric for the backgrounds so they will be mix and match! 
The middle picture has been quilted and trimmed but not bound as I will decided that once they are all done.
My plan is to have four completed to host our friends for Christmas dinner. Heaven knows there is enough fabric for many more...........................

Linking up with
Scraptastic Tuesday at She Can Quilt
let's bee social at Sew Fresh Quilts

4 comments:

  1. Great way to use up a little bit of Christmas fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i wish i were ready for Christmas...I'm finding it hard to get into the spirit when it's 60F in mid-December. Congrats on ur new placemats! I quite like the differing backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea - maybe you need to make some for your friends? Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are great! I need to make some Christmas placemats!

    ReplyDelete