I am a self taught sock knitter, so I thought taking a live class would help me with some of the things I struggle with like the gusset and closing the toe opening.
They provided the yarn and the pattern and I proceeded to knit, 13 inches worth, and the thing is HUGE! BUT.........I wanted a knee sock so I decided to try it on for length and the darn thing fits perfectly around my calves.........which I never thought of as overly large! I think the ankle will be baggy but that is OK, they are a heavier sport weight wool sock that will go inside my snowshoeing boots or will become nice warm house socks.
Here is where I stop until Sunday's class where we will turn the heel (my favourite part!)
Progress on the colorwork mitten, I can add the thumb now that I have the sock ready for the next class.
Rosette #2 is prepped, but will make a change to those 5 triangles touching those inner blue rectangles, it needs a pink or orange pop (maybe green?), they just disappear right now.
Due to my evening knitting obsession, I only have three and a half blocks sewn, that orange and green one still needs the rectangle sides sewn up.
The blue and green scraps finally all cut up! Yah!
Now for the neutral tub and then we might actually be able to start sewing on this project. Good thing I left myself lots of time.
In the process that scrap vomit bin fills as well.
February's APQ Resolution challenge was my slab blocks, the last green ones are done and three pink under my belt. Maybe Saturday will see me get the last four of those done, before they announce the March number on the list. I had no goal on this one, so progress is acceptable.
We had a snow dyeing demo at guild in January, so I have been playing with that too. The two to the far right are done with the demo'd method but I wasn't pleased at the pastel outcome so I made some adjustments to the "fix" and am much more pleased. The yellow on the red/pink piece is a result of less that stellar clean up of the strainer and hey I love the outcome!
Another red piece in the works. I am just working through all the scrap white fabrics I had hanging around and a bunch of "tired" procion dyes that have been untouched in my craft cupboard for at least three years.
Linking up with