Wednesday, 8 June 2016

Life is Busy


Life has been too busy to blog, but I still managed a few finishes!


Apparently I am quite addicted to the Lumberjack socks! Here is completed pair #3


Picked up this Reverb Shawl kit while visiting the lovely new Knit2 yarn shop in Kamloops. While not perfect, it knit up quickly and once washed and blocked it is a lovely soft, cozy scarf.


I visited family and friends in BC for a week, then brought my sister back with me for a nice long visit. While she was here she did a big dig into my scrap bins and got started on a twisted log cabin.


She also learned how to make raggy quilts by helping me finish up these three totally scrappy ones, to be donated to Ft McMurray fire victims.





We spent lots of time in my sewing room so I managed to get this quilt top finished and ready for the quilter, a second one just needs the outside borders attached and it will be ready to go as well. Once they come back I will sew on some fun button eyes.


During her visit we also had our beautiful young friend graduate and were happy to be there to help her celebrate. 
As you can see hubby remains in the air-cast. We are approaching 7 weeks now and we both hope tomorrow's x-ray says it can come off and life can go back to normal! 


 Our younger sister joined us for a lovely sunny weekend, so we sat outside visiting, knitting, crocheting and drinking a few adult type beverages. 

Linking up with:


3 comments:

  1. Glad you had some special family time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having sisters looks like a lot of fun!!! (and the projects all look great)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous looking socks and your shawl turned out really nice!

    ReplyDelete