Friday, 16 September 2016

Friday Finishes

Celebrating 5 years of blogging, 250th post and 20 page views short of 60,000!
Thank you to all my readers, faithful long timers and newbies!

I have been wanting to share this finish with you since April when I finished the top at retreat.


Bella Luna is a kit I bought at Satin Moon in Victoria a few years ago, I had it all cut out and then got bogged down by all the work of the curves. Once I picked it back up, figured out the recipient, it was full steam ahead, I had a deadline now.



My wonderful friend Carole did an amazing job of quilting it, this Elder Moon is a scaled down version of a print I have by Roy Henry Vicars.




The recipient was quite surprised,


and moved to tears, as I predicted she would be.


This is my sister, Theresa, really happy she had a big birthday this year!!


I know I have shown this one before, but it is now in the hands of the newlyweds, awaiting some cooler weather so they can snuggle under it.


What's Up?
A free pattern from somewhere I can't remember!!

This was just finished this week and as soon as I can find a box it is on it's way to Utah for a new great-nephew, whose birth is any minute now!!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts

Have a great weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Love that your quilt moved Theresa to tears...such a special moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes. The arrow pattern is from Moda, I have it all cut out and ready to go when I have a minute. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift. love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt with the batik orcas is beautiful!! What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bella Luna is stunning. Love the NW motif. WOW!

    ReplyDelete