Wednesday, 11 January 2017

All the Quilty Things

The time between Christmas and early January tend to be quiet (and oh so cold!) here, so I have found lots of time to finish some really fun projects.
I love to make bags, they are so much faster than making a full quilt and so rewarding in the end!

I bought this amazing print at Katja's last year and it took some time to find just the right bag to use it on, but I settled on this Noodlebhead Super Tote pattern
We are headed to New York for a week's vacation in March so I was really motivated to get to it.


I love how it turned out and don't want to use it now in case it gets dirty!


A few of my quilt friends have bags like this, and it's a shape and size I don't have. It is like a gorgeous grocery bag that is big and open and great for toting show & tell items and UFO's to our sew days. It is from a recent magazine that I can't put a name to at the moment.


The bag above was made from the left over FQ's from making these two lovely hexie pillows. It's a Tula Pink fabric I just love.


These two bags are the two sizes of the Retreat bag, a free pattern download at Emmaline Bags.
I highly recommend her pattern and her amazing bag hardware. They have added some great finishing touches to my bags. 
The bag above is Tula Pink and Kaffe Fassett fabric.
The larger one below is two Kaffe fabrics.
All bold, bright and beautiful, exactly how I like it.



And two more Tula hexie pillows. To hubby's dismay, all four pillows now live on our bed.

I have one more bag all cut out to make, then it is time to get to some UFO's. I hope I can get as many done this year as last.

Have a great quilty day!

Linking up today with:

1 comment:

  1. Love it all, but that digital print bag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete