Sunday, 12 February 2017

UFO's and FO's

 Ok, my excuse for not blogging #639.........the light has not been great for photos and I haven't finished anything...........hmmm, maybe some of that is actually true.


 My quilt guild UFO from December, waiting to be quilted 


My UFO for January, top in finished! Heart blocks were made for me back in 2003.


The word, before squaring up, all the words actually, were made from 1.5" squares. Thank goodness for a good audio book while I worked on these. 
This makes 5 tops waiting to be quilted, me thinks that is what retreat in March will be all about for me!




These two of three blocks were purchased on our trip to Yellowknife about 4 years ago. Each one will be mounted on a 12x12" canvas to be hung on the wall. The top one has 77 pieces!
This is my February UFO.

Now for the FO's!


This shawl is by far the most challenging knit for me to date. It took me a month to figure it all out and get it knitted up. I am pretty darn pleased!


After all the Christmas sock knitting, I took all the leftovers and used them up on some fun mismatched socks for me! 


Some yoga socks requested by a niece, should be arriving in Australia soon. 

A third pair of socks in the works for 2017, my first pair working toe up, will post a picture when they are done, if the second one is better than the first! 
Also have a cowl in the works for myself , it is the year to knit for me.


My personal challenge for 2017, to work more on my painting skills, this is from a recent acrylic painting class, not bad for a rank beginnner!

Have a great week everyone, looks like we may actually be above freezing for the next week or two, despite the sloppy melting mess it is a welcome change. 






1 comment:

  1. Lots of great projects in this post! I especially like the yoga socks - didn't even know such a thing existed - love 'em! That's a great picture of your "hearts" quilt top. The words seem to sparkle!

    ReplyDelete